« If a photographer cares about the people before the lens and is compassionate, much is given.
It is the photographer, not the camera, that is the instrument. »
Eve Arnold (1912-2012)
« To photograph: it is to put on the same line of sight the head, the eye and the heart.”
Henri Cartier-Bresson (1908-2004)
Broadly self-taught — after rudiments acquired from my father — I like to seize all moments, exercising my eye and mind to capture those fleeting instants of light and time, which make a photograph.
To photograph, keeping an amused eye on the world around us, and (re)find beauty in all things.
I see photography as a gateway to reach out to people, meet them and approach their culture. If I have experienced with different styles of photography, the one that attracts me the most is documentary: social, close to people, be it at home, or around the world.
I am currently working on various personal projects and available for assignments.
Cell : +33 783 155 330
La Libre Belgique, Le Soir, Le Vif, De Standaard, Het Laatste Nieuws, De Morgen, Het Nieuwsblad, Het Gazet Van Antwerpen, Metro, The Guardian, Le Figaro, JPG Magazine, Sport Foot Mag…
– « Nuit de la Roquette » Off-Festival Collective Projection during the 40th Rencontres Photographiques d’Arles, France – July 2009
– « Deepam, festival of Lights » – Galerie Verhaeren, Brussels, Belgium – Feb-March 2013
– « Solidarity » Croiseregard collective exhibition in Lodz, Poland, during Fotofestiwal – June 2013
– « Solidarity » Croiseregard collective exhibition at Théâtre des Martyrs, Brussels, Belgium – Feb-March 2014
– « Latino » collective exhibition at SENdra, Draguignan, France – April-May 2015
– « 3 mares » (photomontage) collective exhibition at the Casa Victor Hugo during the Biennal of Habana, Cuba – May-June 2105 (link)
– « D’ici et d’ailleurs » collective exhibition during the « Eté Culturel à Trigance », Trigance, France – July 2015
« The extraordinary attracts us a moment, the simplicity keeps us longer, because in it alone lies the essential. »
Garry Winogrand (1928-1984)
« Heureux les fêlés, car ils laissent passer la lumière. »
Michel Audiard (1920-1985)